Working at Starlite
We are working hard every day to build a world-class team of people and an environment where we can create industry-leading work. Our passionate, close-knit family always strives to push the boundaries of what’s possible and predict the future of technology. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we can’t wait to hear from you.
What We Deliver
Starlite is often a second family for employees. They experience an environment of mutual trust, and shared values, where they can be proud of what they do.
You Can Make A Difference Here
So, whether you are an engineer, technician, programmer, account executive, designer, fabricator, administrator or just someone who knows how to make a difference, contact us today to learn more about what we do and the unique career opportunities available in each of our service areas.
Starlite offers associates the peace of mind that comes with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Retirement Plan with Employer Match
Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation and Holidays)
Voluntary Life Insurance and Legal Assistance Program
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Training and Enrichment
It’s All About The Culture
We provide a collaborative environment that values open participation from individuals with different ideas and perspectives that has a positive impact on business. It’s a place in which employees can see the impact of their work, understand the value they bring to the organization, and are recognized for their efforts.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Starlite are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Starlite will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Current Job Opportunities
JOB SUMMARY: An Integration Technician must be able to demonstrate experience completing technical installation of audiovisual & Lighting systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, implementation of control systems and video conference systems. Ability to trouble‐shoot complex audio, video, switching and control systems and lighting. Good communication skills, customer skills and computer skills are required.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Integration
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Permanently install lighting, audio, video and related equipment at customer facilities.
- Test all electronic equipment prior to installing at customer facilities.
- Assemble components prior to installation.
- Build racks, terminations, fixture builds.
- Rigging of equipment.
- Maintain a neat and orderly warehouse space.
- Read drawings to adequately perform installation.
- Troubleshoot/Service Installed Systems.
- Fabricate parts needed for permanent installations.
- Ensure that safety measures are strictly followed.
- Perform other job related duties or special projects as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide prompt, courteous and excellent service to all customers, operate in an ethical manner in accordance with State and Federal law, the company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Affirmative Action, Diversity, employee handbook, applicable compliance and operations policies and procedures and other policies of the company. Possess a high degree of integrity and actively cooperate and interact with all entities of Starlite.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in installation/commissioning of AV systems.
- Crestron, AMX & Extron installation experience.
- Audio DSP platform certifications or related work experience Preferred (Examples: QSC. Biamp, ClearOne).
- Control system platform certification or related work experience Preferred (Examples: AMX, Crestron, Extron).
- Avixa CTS certification, CTS‐I is preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet).
- Ability to setup, test, calibrate and commission equipment and devices as required to produce fully functional systems. This includes video displays, display systems, screens, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, transmitters, receivers, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, controls, and other active and passive devices.
- Self‐starter, self‐motivated, dependable and team player.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee will be required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Heavy lifting (up to 75 lbs.) may be required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is very loud where ear protection is necessary. Position may require working with heights and in confined spaces.
- Strong attention to detail, professional appearance, and demeanor at all times.
- Problem‐solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to interact with end‐users and internal staff to successfully identify and document specific client requirements.
- Demonstrate job site leadership, work collaboratively and mentor others.
DISCLAIMER: The job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job and responsibility to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
Job Summary: The Design Engineer’s role is to design, specify and engineer fully integrated audio, visual and lighting systems.
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conform to industry technical standards, and advance Starlite’s internal best practices.
- Interface with all stakeholders in order to grasp the project scope, the client’s requirements and any potential complications that may arise.
- Visit the project site to conduct surveys as needed and document the site conditions.
- Create job cost estimates and continue to, review and approve systems criteria. Provide technical responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Interpret technical specifications, schematics, architectural diagrams and provide structural and MEP coordination including conduit and electrical requirements.
- Provide conceptual designs for audio, visual and lighting systems.
- Develop a statement of work for each job based on system design and customer.
- Responsible for job documentation as needed.
- Continually conduct equipment research on new and emerging technology.
- Work collaboratively and efficiently and provide support to the entire team.
- Maintain complete and accurate project documentation and records.
- Identify all cabling and miscellaneous materials required for the project.
- Assist Account Managers with the development of system proposals and labor estimates.
- Communicate effectively with internal staff, client representatives, cooperative trades and effectively coordinate and manage multiple system design projects.
- Be responsible for successfully completing assignments on time and within budget.
- Establish and maintain an effective line of communication with the client acting as a liaison
in support of the Account Manager.
- Provide engineering support during the installation phase.
- Provide feedback in “Lessons Learned” meeting at the conclusion of Project.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent technical subject-related work experience.
- Manufacturer certifications such as Crestron, Extron, Harman, Cisco, etc. are a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of signal flow and control systems.
- Proficiency in the use of diagrammatic software tools, particularly AutoCAD.
- Willingness to pursue additional training related to the role.
- Ability to think and work independently, meeting deadlines as necessary.
- Proficiency with test and calibration equipment.
- Ability to test integrated systems and train client on use; develop and write customer operation manuals as needed.
- Coordinate CAD drawings and documentation as needed.
- Provide field service support if requested.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and have no adverse driving history.
Required Skills and Responsibilities: Provide prompt, courteous and excellent service to all customers, operate in an ethical manner in accordance with State and Federal law, the company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Affirmative Action, Diversity, employee handbook, applicable compliance and operations policies and procedures and other policies of the company. Possess a high degree of integrity and actively cooperate and interact with all entities of Starlite.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Prolonged periods sitting at a desk. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
DISCLAIMER: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
OUTSIDE SALES - EVENT TECHNOLOGY
Full Time Position
Starlite is seeking an experienced sales professional with the ability to prospect and close new business for the company’s Event Technology department. Our clientele include meeting and corporate event planners, entertainment artists and social and special event clients and other hospitality professionals, You must have a proven track record of creating opportunities and capturing, cultivating and, maintaining lasting relationships with high-level corporate clients. The successful hire will be able to consistently identify opportunities, nurture prospects, maintain a strong pipeline and consistently close business. Existing relationships with corporate clients in the space is a plus.
Candidates should possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of corporate event production (including audio, video and lighting technologies)
- Highly self-motivated
- Have a go-get-it attitude
- “Hunter“ mentality and able to identify new opportunities and close new business
- Able to collaborate well with our team, and able to build sustainable relationships with clients
- Excellent networking and effective presentation, demonstration and communications skills
- Organized, able to handle stress well and meet deadlines
- Exhibit consultative sales approach and appropriate negotiation skills with clients and vendors
- Proven history of developing and maintaining strong customer relationships at the enterprise level, including competence and confidence in presenting to executives
- Local travel required throughout the New Jersey, Philadelphia, New York and surrounding areas
- Excellent computer skills, including a strong familiarity with the Microsoft Platform
Full time position
Join Starlite’s dynamic team and join our Event Technology department to learn all there is about live event production.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with warehouse staff to ensure quality of equipment leaving the building. Perform equipment pre-builds and patching. Assist in the testing and preparation of production and rental orders. Coordinate, perform and track equipment maintenance on rental/production inventory.
- Work on-site as a production technician installing/implementing designs during setup, show and strike. Operate equipment. Work with and sometimes supervise production crews including in-house and/or local labor. Ensure that the production schedule proceeds in an efficient and safe manner.
- Collaborate with production managers during pre and post production. Coordinate resources with production and rental managers, and warehouse staff.
- Work with customers who require technical assistance during business and off-business hours.
- Assist production and rental managers with their workload. Proofread and revise orders as necessary to ensure that paperwork is accurate. Generate quotations on occasion.
- Strong knowledge of audio, video and/or lighting principles and equipment required.
- Ability to lift 50 to 75 lbs. Position requires sitting or standing for long periods of time as well as working with heights and in confined spaces.
- Active driver’s license and good driving record required. Personal vehicle may be required for travel to meetings, site visits and transportation to and from shows.
Full time position
Jump start your career in entertainment technology by joining our team and gaining hands-on experience with the latest in entertainment technology.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accurately check in returning oders following Standard Operating Procedures.
- Prepare and pull orders for customers and productions ensuring accuracy of equipment counts, following Standard Operations Procedures.
- Test equipment returning from customers and productions, identify missing or damaged equipment and follow necessary procedures.
- Organize and maintain departments and general warehouse area.
- Load and unload orders for customers at the ramp and truck docks, and for Starlite productions, ensuring that customer paperwork and payment terms are met.
Interested in working for Starlite but don’t see a position that fits right now? Feel free to submit your resume for future consideration.